Forklift Counter Balance and Reach
The reach forklift is designed primarily to pick up loads that are high in storage or racking.
Their maneuverability is perfectly suited to weaving between narrow aisles.
They have the ability to extend to distances beyond their stabilizing legs and reach loads that sit up high.
Maintaining the trucks balance is achieved through the combination of these stabilizing legs and the battery, removing the need for a cumbersome counterweight.
Reach forklifts are ideally suited for work in environments such as warehouses.
- Course Outline
- Different Classes of Forklifts
- The Competent Operator
- Pre-operational Checks
- Refueling (Propane, Gas, Diesel and Battery)
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Fork Masts
- Provincial Rules and Regulations & any Company Policies
- Load Handling
- Loading and Unloading
- Stacking and Racking
- Traveling (loaded and & unloaded)
- Ramps and Inclines
- Dock Safety
- Stability (Momentum, centrifugal force, leverage, capacities, speed, turning, load center, center of gravity, stability triangle/trapezoid, lifting. and tip-overs)
- Written Certification Examination
- Control Identification
- Operator Evaluation (Performing routine tasks)